Thursday, June 4, 2009

Finally Dream Comes True - To Become an IITian

Since my childhood i have been seeing IIT Kgp on my way from Kharagpur railway station to native home. I always use to admire the huge IIT campus . I also used to hear that its the best engineering college in the country. So from my childhood days i had the dream to become an IITian and study in one of country's best college.

To fulfill my dream i started preparing for IIT-JEE in class XI and XII. Its the toughest exam in the country and i knew that getting through it will be very difficult . But i still decided to give it a try so that in future i dont have to repent for the fact that i didnt even try to achieve my dream. I did better than what i expected in the exam , but it wasnt enough to make me an IITtain. After the results i was upset , but i had the satisfaction that i did try my best.

After that i decided to take admission in a private engineering college - "Techno India" in kolkata. At that time i decided that though i failed to do the under graduation from IIT , i will try my level best to do post graduation from IIT. Also my cousin inspired me a hell lot to pursue Mtech from some IIT.

And finally the moment arrived when the result of GATE (All india test for post graduation in Engineering) was announced. I expected to get an IIT and i was over joyed. Finally it looked like that i will become an IITian. The preparation for GATE was easier than IIT JEE but the number of seats for MTech are also lesser than BTech.

After the results started a tedious job of applying in the IITs. It was an extremely tiring phase for me. I had to apply in several IITs. Making DDs and speed posting them was a very tedious job for me to do. Also i had to take admission in IITD first because i was uncertain whether i will get my preferred IIT(IIT Bombay) or not . Lots of critical decisions had to be taken during this time. It took a hell out of me. I found out that i had to work harder in the post result/examination phase than pre-examination phase (ie .. preperaing for the exams) !!

Finally i got the IIT i wanted. My name appeared in the second list in IITB. I was overjoyed and was over the moon. I got the IIT that i targeted and aspired to study in.Its the best in the country and every engineer dreams to study there.Two my friends also got in IIT Bombay. That makes it even more sweater. We all are going to study Mtech with each other!! Now i can relax because the Admission process is finally over for me.

I know its going to be very difficult for me to study in IIT. I will have to work harder than my capabilities to survive there but my dream of becoming an IITian suggests me to join the IIT.

Looking forward to my education @ IIT Bombay..................

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cogrts for getting in iitb

somdas said...

@ above

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

hey somdas I also want to become an IITian and have a similar situation like you.Please guide me for preparation GATE=2010 . I am in stress for time management. Please help my email-id is
deepaksharma.mbm@gmail.com
-deepak

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks
I've been around here for a while now, and I finally found something worth writing on: I found a NICE deal on custom [url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] LCD Entertainment Centers [/b][/url]. These guys have 24/7 telephone service & they installed AND delivered my custom [url=http://www.milesgershon.com][b] Modern Wall Unit [/b][/url]all for Free!!! I just bought from them, and I've never had a more seamless internet buy -they ACTUALLY called me to confirm the order and talk about delivery time… unreal!



Peace